Saturday, 30 July 2011

Finished! Yes really!

Yes, the last shirt is really done.

It didn’t start well: Monday night I cut the back out of purple instead of the front. I realized this at work the next day. So I started clean on Tuesday; Cory texted me that he needed the shirt done for pickup on Thursday to get the store logo put on. The race was on: in five hours, I got all the pieces cut out (this really eats up time), finished the collar and hemmed the facings:



Put the black button strips on,


Sewed the front to the back at the shoulder seams…

...and got the machine-stitched part of the collar done.

Wednesday, I began by sewing on the facings:

Hand stitching the collar closed (takes about an hour, I watched the Disney version of Robin Hood at the same time)

Sewed on the sleeves

Sewed closed the side seams and did all the hemming. This time I erred on the side of caution and took 3” off the bottom, making this shirt the same length as Cory’s. Then put in the button holes.

Added the buttons using the sewing machine and its fancy rubber foot, and it is done! I’m really happy with how the pocket turned out; it’s my best one yet!

All seven shirts were picked up on Thursday to get the Myth Games dragon logo sewn onto the front. I can't wait to see how they look! Hopefully I can get a group photo of everyone. One was already taken at the store's 4th anniversary party on July 16, but as one shirt wasn't done (he was swimming in one of Cory's), and they didn't have the logos yet, I want to wait and get a picture with all the shirts fully complete.

Next project: a costume!


No comments:

Post a Comment