Thursday, 23 June 2011

Don't Sew When You're Sick

Yes I’ve been lacking in posts lately. I caught a cold a week ago and haven’t been able to shake it. All the work for this post I did last Wednesday. The fronts & backs of all three shirts were put together last time, but I wanted to include a picture of the nice, clean, zig-zagged edges.

Also got all three collars put together and all six front facings finished. Two isn’t bad to do, six is tedious.

Next: attaching the collars. Not fun. The collar is straight while the shirt is curved. Requires a lot of fiddling, straightening, and adjusting to make sure it’s on just right before making it permanent.

And this is my first big mess on this project. I really hate it when this happens: the material bunches on the bottom creating pinches and folds in the finished material. It’s a little hard to see, but the end result is the same: I have to take out the seam and try again.

Blood has now been shed for this project! Stabbed myself pretty good with a pin while fixing the collar. It really hurt. L

My company was looking extra-adorable that day so I took her picture. She’s great company, just lays there and sleeps; occasionally demands attention, but has no interest in getting into my material and sewing stuff.

All three shirts with the collars and facings attached! Now for the hand sewing:

What I’ve learned from this: don’t sew when you’re sick. And summer colds suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment