Saturday, 16 April 2011

What the heck is this?

This, my friends - and people who have no idea who I am - is my very first blog post! Yay me! Why did I decide to do something as odd as this? Simply put, I love sewing. I love to make clothes. I especially love to make costumes for myself and others. Those of you who know me already know that I love to sew; well I'm just figuring it out.

Last fall, I was asked to do a few projects for some very good friends, and as I was itching to sew, (do anything really; I had been unemployed and bored for a few months), I agreed. By the end of the year, I had made four custom costumes for a themed wedding reception and three pairs of matching pajamas for Christmas gifts. I worked myself like a crazy lady and loved every minute of it.

Inadvertently, I had also created a following on my Facebook page. During my breaks from being hunched over the sewing machine, I would go to my laptop which I had set up to watch movies (not a good idea) and listen to music (very good idea), check my games and post what I was working on, or what I had just screwed up. I never posted any pictures. That's something I want to do here.

I have big plans for my blog, and of course my sewing, so this is my invitation to you to follow me on my new adventure doing something I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment